February 8th-9th, 2023 | Register now via Eventbrite
NZ’s first forum on Driverless Passenger Transport hosted by ITSNZ, in association with Ohmio Automotion.
The Role of Autonomous Transport Solutions in solving Public Transport’s First and Last Mile Challenge
Autonomous vehicles are expected to play a key part in creating seamless journey options, improving economics, and helping address driver shortages.
While autonomy for private vehicles is a future possibility, automated and autonomous shuttles are already being trialled and used around the world offering a way to improve integrated transport solutions.
In conjunction with a meeting of the international standards panel TC 204, we will be holding a two-day forum with distinguished international speakers and guests. The forum will provide attendees with greater knowledge and understanding of what is needed for the successful implementation of autonomous shuttles in the transport system.
The programme will feature some 30 experts exchanging knowledge. Drawing on research and their experience and outcomes of trials underway globally.
- The Value Proposition and Contribution to Transport Outcomes
- Demonstration of an Autonomous first and last mile solution – Ohmio Automotion
- Technology and Standards Development
- Policy and Infrastructure Requirements
- Keynote Prof. Simon Kingham, Te Manatu Waka / NZ Ministry of Transport
- Dr Young-Jun Moon (Korea), Korean Transport Institute Director
- Joost Vantomme (Belgium) ERTICO CEO, (online only)
- Susan Harris (Aus), CEO, ITS Australia
- Jerry Towler (USA) Assistant Director Robotics, South West Research Institute
- Dr You-Jun Choi (Korea) Korean Automotive Technology Institute Principal Researcher, Briefing on the Sejong Smart City deployment project
- Rita Excell (Aus), Head of Transport ANZ, Amazon Web Services
- Lee McKenzie, Manager Future Transport, Waka Kotahi the New Zealand Transport Agency
- Mohammed Hikmet, Executive Chairman, HMI Technologies/Ohmio Automotion
- Dean Zabrieszach (Aus), CEO, HMI Technologies/Ohmio Automotion
- Robert Sykora (Luxembourg), Director Europe, Ohmio Automotion
- Andrew Mehaffey (Aus) Ohmio Director International Business Development, Briefing on Australian 5G/Disabled & Elderly Passenger Trials
- Phillip Walsh (Aus), YUNEX Director Business Development Australia and New Zealand
- Nial O’Brien (Aus), Aurecon Global Capability Leader for Roads
And more to be confirmed
ITSNZ Members $699