ITSNZ announces inaugural awards for November 2019
Nominations are now open for the ITS New Zealand’s first annual ITS Awards. Awards are made in three categories below;
- ITS Young Professional
- ITS Product or Service of the Year Award and
- ITS Lifetime Achievement Award
Nominations close on 31 August and the awards will announced at an Awards Dinner in Wellington following the AGM in November.
Details on the Awards are as follows;
ITS Young Professional of the Year
- A young ITS professional who through their student and working career in New Zealand has shown a passion and dedication for working towards excellence in ITS.
- To be eligible, entrants must be under 30 years of age (as at 31 December 2019) and be working in the ITS field and/or or undertaking graduate or post graduate studies at an accredited institution within Australia.
- ITS NZ would provide up to $5000 funding towards travel, accommodation and registration for attending a regional or global ITS event.
ITS Products or Services of the Year Awards
This is open to both Government and Industry Organisations that have
- Developed or deployed a significant new innovative ITS system or service over the course of the previous year.
- Can demonstrate deliverability over the course of the previous year.
- Whose new system and/or service fostered advanced deployment of ITS services.
- Has been developed or deployed in New Zealand.
- Is an organization that plays a leading role in the ITS Community.
- Has delivered benefit to the New Zealand community.
- Has, or is expected to, make a positive difference for individual customers and the wider transport network
Awards may be made in the following categories consistent with ITS NZ’s mission and objectives and an overall winner would be made as well;
- Road and Traffic Safety
- Delivering Efficient and Effective Transport
- Delivering Environmental Improvements, or
- Improving the Customer experience
Lifetime Achievement Award
This award would be made at the discretion of the Board and may not necessarily be made each year. Recipients must personify achievement of the ultimate standard for a leader in the ITS field. They must be an:
- Outstanding leader in the organisation/s he or she has occupied.
- Outstanding leader in the ITS field.
- Champion of vision of ITS and its fulfilment within and beyond the ITS community.
This award is determined by the ITS NZ Board of Directors and while nominations are not usually called, suggestions may be forwarded for consideration.
Recipients of the award may be nominated by ITS NZ for chance to win the ITS Asia Pacific Hall of Fame Award at the ITS World Congress
Nominations are made by submitting through the ITS NZ Website (https://www.itsnz.org/)