Five new faces join the board.
2021-23 ITSNZ Board features Five new Directors
At the recent Annual General Meeting, five new directors joined eight continuing board directors creating a balance of continuity, fresh focus and ideas.
In welcoming the new board members Chair Mike Rudge says "It is a phenomenally exciting time for New Zealand with significant challenges and opportunities presented by technology and tech-enabled solutions in transport. With our membership growing and our focus diversifying, we're elated that the new board represents diverse people and interests brought together by shared goals of achieving sustainable, safe and efficient transport outcomes for all New Zealanders."
The five new board members include
- Karen Fehl, Transport Solutions Leader, Resolve Group
- Mark Gregory, Business Director Transport Technology & Advisory BECA
- Martin McMullan, Founder of Mobli
- Melissa Winter, Senior Network Planner, Bay of Plenty Regional Council
- Zachary Lawrence-Sansbury, Group Managing Director, Armitage Group
The ITSNZ board has representation from a broad range of sectors and stakeholders in ITS and transport including central and local government, consultants and leaders and academia. Directors represent organisations and interests in Intelligent Transport Systems, transport infrastructure, networks, multi-modal and shared transport solutions. In line with ITSNZ objectives, the new board embodies increased diversity, with 25% female leadership, and a spread of experience and ages that will be further extended with the appointment of a Te Waka Rangatahi representative.
Appointing a new board presented an opportunity to restructure board roles that better reflect evolving objectives and activities, we have completed this restructure and are pleased to announce the appointments
- Chair, Mike Rudge (Rudge Consulting)
- Secretary, Dave Rendall (Fulton Hogan)
- Treasurer, Zachary Lawrence-Sansbury (Armitage Group)
- Director – International Engagement Lee McKenzie* (Waka Kotahi)
- Director – Events, Karen Fehl (Resolve Group)
- Director – Memberships, Armin Guttke
- Director - Partnerships, Melissa Winters (Bay of Plenty Regional Council)
- Director - YTP *TBC
- Board Directors- Blair Monk (Aurecon), Doug Wilson (University of Auckland), Mark Gregory (Beca), Martin McMullan (Mobli), Richard Cross* (Ministry of Transport)
- Executive Officer - Simon McManus (Sharp Angles)
ITSNZ board directors are volunteers, and beyond roles of specific responsibility committees spread the workload, there will be opportunities for members outside the board to contribute to specific areas and projects, in particular the T-Tech conference. Find out more about the board of directors on the board of directors page >click here<