Objective to increase the resiliency, security and future needs of the ITS network
RFP announced for new ITS Connectivity Partner
Waka Kotahi has launched a procurement call for proposals process seeking a connectivity partner to "transform its existing Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) Wide Area and Metropolitan Area Networks into an as-a-service, secure, next generation network."
"The NZTA is seeking to deliver on its outcomes for connectivity by implementing a new ITS Network with an underlying infrastructure that is secure, efficient, robust, flexible, and scalable."
In promoting the opportunity the NZTA says "The network is of a significant size and scale, allowing the Successful Respondent to transform, operate and manage a key piece of New Zealand’s growing network infrastructure. The successful partner will become a key part of the NZTA’s ability to deliver on our customer promise of great journeys to keep New Zealand moving."
The outcomes they seek are:
• Allowing the NZTA to focus on delivering business outcomes instead of network operations
• Increasing the resilience of foundational services
• Centralising support and capacity management
• Improving security across endpoints and partner access
• Transforming specialist network services to a commodity service
• Simplifying the end-to-end total cost of ownership commercial model to operate the ITS Network
• Supporting consumption of public cloud services in line with New Zealand Government’s cloud-first policy (https://www.digital.govt.nz/standards-andguidance/technology-and-architecture/cloud-services/)
The transformed ITS Network hardware will be owned by the successful respondent with the intention that the hardware is replaced every five years.
Individual and joint / consortium proposals are welcomed.
Interested parties should find the RFP on the GETS procurement system under RFx ID : 22684067
Supplier Q+A Webinar
NZTA will be hosting a two-hour webinar from 14:00 to 16:00 NZST on Tuesday 26 May 2020. This session will provide a short briefing on the objectives of the RFP and provide
all potential respondents with the opportunity to ask questions in a live setting. The webinar will be open to all potential respondents and can be accessed by joining a
Microsoft Teams conference using this link.
(A confirmed agenda will be added as an Addendum to the GETS listing prior to the session. The deadline for written questions submitted through GETS is 14:00
NZST on 9 June 2020.)