7 committee members appointed, from Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch
YTP has announced the selection of the inaugural YTP committee.
In developing a committee the goal for YTP was to help deliver on their vision, ensure the initiative had representation across the country, and bring on board people from different sectors of the transport industry who could help grow the membership, invite event speakers and assist with communications.
With the YTP initiative being relatively new, the inaugural committee will have lots of work to do but also an opportunity to shape the initiative.
Armin Guttke explains the difficult job they faced in selecting seven committee members from fourteen strong applicants,
"We had a great number of applicants, all with relevant experience and backgrounds which made a very difficult decision - we were splitting hairs. From our short list, we conducted interviews, and narrowed it down to the seven successful applicants."
The selected committee members are as follows:
Shannyn Hiroti - BDM, Mooven
Dhanush Laxman - Traffic Signal Engineer, Aurecon
- Kaitlyn Stringer - Policy Adviser (Placemaking and Urban Development), Ministry of Transport
- Stephanie Gregor - Policy Adviser (Policy and Legal), Motor Trade Association
- Alvin Li, Electrical and Electronic Engineering Student University of Canterbury 2020 / Transpower 2021
- Sam Clezy - Transportation Engineer, BECA
- Amelia Samandari, PHD Student, University of Canterbury