New YTP Mentoring Programme! Register now as a Mentor or Mentee
Are you interested in one-on-one support from an industry professional?
Are you interested in developing the next generation of ITS leaders?
Join the ITSNZ Young Transport Professionals Mentoring Programme as a Mentee or a Mentor!
YTP are thrilled to be launching a Mentoring Programme to connect experienced ITS industry members with young professionals and students interested in the ITS space. The 10 month programme across Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch will see new professional relationships built, personal development in Mentees and leadership opportunities for Mentors.
How does it work?
Register as a Mentor or Mentee here
- After you register, we will do our best to match you with a Mentor/Mentee in your city.
- One week prior to the Programme Launch, we will send an email to confirm your involvement and to provide resources to help you through the programme.
- At the Programme Launch Event you will meet your Mentor/Mentee for the first time!
- Following the Launch you are encouraged to meet up with your Mentor/Mentee once per month for the remainder of the Programme. The timing, whereabouts and content of these meetings is up to you but we will provide recommendations and ideas.
- There will then be two further events to bring everyone together - Speed Date Your Mentors and Wrap-Up. The dates for these are TBD and will be communicated following the Programme Launch.
- All events will be held across Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch and it is a requirement of the Programme that you attend.
Mentoring Programme Key Dates
20th October 2021: Programme Launch!
February 2022: Speed Date Your Mentors
July 2022: Wrap-Up
5pm - 7.30pm, 20th October 2021
Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch
Come along to meet your Mentor/Mentee and hear from the awesome Dr Mahsa Mohaghegh on her experiences in AI and the value she sees in mentoring. This event is an opportunity to hear more about how the mentoring programme will be run, make an initial connection with your Mentor/Mentee and network with others involved in the programme.
If you register for the Mentoring Programme you must attend this event, so make sure you save the date now!
About Dr Mahsa Mohaghegh
Dr Mahsa Mohaghegh is the Director of Women in Technology and a Senior Lecturer at AUT’s School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences. With a PhD in Artificial Intelligence, she is heavily involved in researching and developing high-level AI strategy in contexts such as the future of work and digital disruption. She is on the Executive Council for AI Forum, and is a board member of NZ Tech representing government and education, and on their sub-board for diversity and inclusion.
She is also a board member of Variety – the Children’s Charity, an organisation dedicated to supporting children and young people in need across New Zealand. She is an external technical advisor on AI strategy to a few New Zealand SMEs.
Mahsa is also the founder and director of charitable trust She Sharp, which aims to encourage more girls to study STEM fields. Her passion for promoting careers in technology to young women has been widely recognised, and she has received a number of nominations and awards for her efforts, including the Emerging Leader Award at the NZ Women of Influence Awards in 2013.
She was one of ten finalists for the 2018 Kiwibank New Zealander of the Year. In 2019 she was the Champion Award winner of the YWCA Equal Pay awards, and in 2020 presented with the Massey University Distinguished Alumni Award for community service.