Join us in Wellington as we host Carol Schweiger, one of America’s leading experts of ITS and Connected Transit.
**In-person registrations have closed,
(oversubscribed) register to receive notice of the recording)**
Thursday 24th August, 4.30-6.30pm
(*Will be recorded)
Location: Greater Wellington Regional Council,
100 Cuba Street, Te Aro, Wellington (Google Map)
Format: Presentation & Networking in-person / Plus recording
ITSNZ is very excited to be hosting Carol Schweiger, a globally recognised consultant, researcher and instructor. Carol has consulted to over 75 transport agencies, she has designed and instructed on courses for the USDOT and is immediate past Co-Chair of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) Committee on Emerging and Innovative Public Transport and Technologies.
ITSNZ is hosting Carol for two events in New Zealand (Auckland and Wellington), where Carol will share her perspectives and predictions on the challenges and opportunities within the transportation industry as it embraces technology-enabled mobility, as well as the key factors driving transformation, with a focus on equity and accessibility.
Carol will cover important topics which will resonate with New Zealand transport experts and public transport and mobility industry.
- Evaluating MaaS and On-Demand innovations
- Empowering mobility through national data strategies
- Sustainable funding solutions for the public transport industry
- Meeting the demands of a shifting commute landscape
- Harnessing artificial intelligence for enhanced operations
More about Carol Schweiger
A highly respected independent consultant and researcher, she has worked with over 75 transportation agencies and the US DOT, and is a frequent speaker at global conferences. Carol’s expertise includes
- Technology strategies for public agencies
- Public transport technology
- Mobility on demand and MaaS
- Traveller information strategies and systems
- Systems engineering
Carol’s recent roles and current industry involvement include :
- Immediate past Co-Chair of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) Committee on Emerging and Innovative Public Transport and Technologies
- An author for and on the Advisory Board of Intelligent Transport (a UK magazine)
- A Charter Member of the Mobility on Demand Committee of the Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America)
- Member of the International Program Committee of the ITS World Congress.
For the US Department of Transportation, she co-developed and was the lead instructor for five transit technology training courses for the National Transit Institute (NTI) and seven modules regarding traveler information standards and transport management standards
Read recent articles and interviews with Carol:
Don’t miss this event, register now
(In-person registrations have closed – oversubscribed)