Paul MinettChief ExecutiveTrip Convergence Ltd
Co-founder and chief executive of Trip Convergence Ltd, formed in 2004 to leverage ideas for improving transportation. Co-founder and board member of the Ridesharing Institute, formed in 2011 to figure out how to bring greater policy emphasis onto trip pooling. Dreamt of being a successful entrepreneur but now mainly a researcher with a keen interest in why some obvious solutions do not attract the interest of policy makers, while less obvious ones do. Recently interested in Mobility as a Service, an idea that has incredible interest for policy makers, but which does not seem to attract the interest of users.
Fossil-fuel free* for over a year. Keen to see humanity find solutions for decarbonisation and sequestration that are needed if we are to keep the planet from overheating.
Key research works include:
• HOTTER Lanes for reduced traffic and emissions (2022) (presented at T-Tech 2022)
• Congestion-clearing payments to passengers (2020)
• 2nd Life EV Batteries: Defining the need for a New Zealand strategy for post-EV use (2020)
• Transit IDEA Project 61: Flexible Carpooling to Transit Stations (2013)
• Estimating the Energy Consumption Impact of Casual Carpooling (2011)
Auckland based since 1987.https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulminett/
*no direct purchases of petroleum or natural gas